Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy Busy

This past week has been quite a busy one with me wrapping up the end of the school year; I haven't had the extra time to post. Of course, that doesn't mean that we've just been doing nothing! We've been busy at home, too.

We celebrated Memorial Day with family. There'll be more on Memorial Day weekend in its own post. Then Tuesday night was Awards Night for K-2. I didn't have to go, so I offered to watch one of my teacher friend's youngest daughter so she could attend her kindergarten daughter's awards ceremony (and actually get to watch). We had a blast! Emily is 3, and Hallie was extra excited to have a new friend here to play! They played with the dollhouse, with the trike and car, in the pool...and had a snack together. It was a lot of fun and we hope to have Emily (along with Audrey and Hudson) over again soon! This fun evening will have its own post, too! :o)

Hallie started feeling a little under the weather on Wednesday night, running a little fever. The fever hung around Thursday morning and Daddy just couldn't bring himself to take the little princess to Miss Pattie's. So he stayed with her until lunch. At lunch time, I came home and got Miss Hallie and took her to school with me. She absolutely loved it! I didn't let her play with the other kids b/c of her not feeling well (I didn't want her to spread her germs), so she laid on her Monkey Mat under my table and watched Mary Poppins--and wrote on the white board at her discretion. haha. Thank goodness Rah-Rah picked her up around 12:30 to let her have a restful afternoon until her doctor's appointment. Oh, the doctor's visit. Sigh. We absolutely love love love our pediatrician. We are so blessed to have found her. Hallie loves her, too--at least she did. Dr. Popejoy checked Hallie out and said her lymph nodes were a little swollen (throat) and that her throat was really red, so she wanted to do a strep test. She'd do a throat culture swab, too, in case the strep test came back negative. She got a great swab on the little girl, but Hallie was M. A. D. MAD! She cried for about 10 seconds and then got the look of vomiting on her face...I know that look all too well! And just as I suspected, the "water works of the mouth" began. Ugh. She threw up, and threw up, and threw up some more. Bless her sweet heart. Dr. Popejoy felt absolutely horrible. About 10 minutes later (and lots of snuggling in Mommy's lap) Dr. Popejoy returned. She said, "I was starting to feel worse and worse about doing the strep test...but I am so glad I did b/c it was positive." So sad. So we got some medicine for the little girl and she is now feeling MUCH better. In fact, after her medicine last night, she said, "I feel bettie [better]. I take medcine [medicine]." :o) So precious.

After resting the rest of Thursday evening and staying home on Friday, too, Hallie was feeling almost good as new come Saturday morning. We watched our usual Lomax: The Hound of Music (PBS) and ate oatmeal. She was excited b/c after naptime we were going to go to Miss Pattie's 60th birthday party for a little while. (Miss Pattie keeps Hallie.) That'll be another post on its own (I had better get busy with the other posts). After the party, Hallie went to ride the train at Lion's Park (one of Hallie's favorite things) while Mommy and Daddy did a little shopping.

Today...we have rested. Hallie played in her little pool b/c it was SO hot outside, and Daddy put together Mommy's birthday present--a swing for our deck! It is so very comfortable...I love it!

So, hopefully I will get all these things posted soon. For now, I need to grade my LAST set of papers for these kiddies...hip hip hooray! I don't have many to grade, but grades for the report cards are due tomorrow, so I had better get busy! Thursday at noon is my last day with the kids. I'll have a work day Thursday afternoon and Friday...so next Sunday, I'll be completely stress free as I won't have to go to work the next day!!

One last thing...Jonathan and I are compiling a list of "Hallie-isms" that we will surely miss when she grows out of her toddler-talk. I hope to post those soon. I'ts harder than you think to think of all those sweet little words that you know she'll soon not say anymore. We still talk about our niece Abby saying, "Non't know" for don't know. :o)

Off to get busy!

I can't post a post that long and not have at least one picture...


Gramps and Rah-Rah got Hallie a new bath towel
that says "Princess" and has a little crown at
the top! How cute?!

No comments: