Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Vacation!

Hooray for Christmas vacation! My lovely third graders went home all sugared up yesterday at noon...parents, you're welcome! :o) I stayed a couple of hours to clean up my classroom and get some grades entered online. Then I went and got my precious baby girl. I told her it was Christmas vacation and asked her what she wanted to do. She said, "Um...let's go to the park!" It was perfect park weather--a sunny 65-ish degrees! So to the park we went! The past couple of weeks have been a blur...I wrote lots of sub plans for my three days away from school. We loaded up and headed to Alabama to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I'll post pictures in a separate post. We had a lot of fun getting to see family, teachers, and friends that we rarely get to see. It was a stressful time for many reasons, but it was wonderful to celebrate my parents and their 40 years of marriage--how amazing is that?!

So...here's to Christmas vacation! It's going to be a relaxing time, I hope! We won't be going to Alabama since we were just there last weekend...so hanging out in Waco should be non-stressful!

No comments: