Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reuse, Repurpose, Re-CUTE!

And an early Happy Heart Day to you! :o) I wish I had taken a "before" picture...and I can't seem to find one anywhere, though I know we wore this dress constantly during the Christmas season. Oh well...the dress started out with a little gingerbread girl wearing a Santa hat in the middle. I thought the dress would be cute for Valentine's and whenever, so I simply bought a piece of red felt, embroidered Hallie's name on it and then stitched around it (freehand with embroidery thread) onto the dress. Voia--a new dress. :0) I loved the little dress and hated the thought that she wouldn't get to wear it again (I doubt it'll fit next Christmas...but if it does, she can still wear it!), so I revamped it. She had another Christmas dress that I was going to revamp, but the neckline and sleeves had green piping around it, so it was going to be too much time/trouble. Here's the finished product. I thought it turned out pretty cute. :o) Of course, the model is the cutest! Heehee!



No comments: