Saturday, August 6, 2011

Texas Ranger...and I'm not talking about Chuck Norris

Everytime my dad comes to visit, he mentions wanting to go to the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum.  I'm not going to lie--until a couple of years ago, I thought this was for the Texas Rangers baseball team and always thought how very odd it was to have a museum for the Rangers in Waco.  HA!  Yes.  I'm aware of how stupid this makes me look...I'm just keeping it real. :o)  Nonetheless, it's not a museum for the baseball team.  It's much cooler than that.  It's a museum for a very elite group of law enforcers that dates back to the 1800s.  Very cool.  And maybe I'm the only person alive who didn't know what Texas Rangers were until several years ago.  I'm sorry...I didn't watch Walker, Texas Ranger.  Ha.  Anyway.  During my dad's most recent visit, we went to the museum.  And I'm pretty sure the two hours we spent there weren't long enough for my dad...we totally should have dropped him off that morning and picked him up at closing.  He still could have probably gone back the next day.  Love you, Pop!




Hallie and Nonna riding off into the wild blue yonder.  Ha!  This was Hallie's favorite thing about the museum. We'd look at an exhibit and then the next thing we knew, she had run back to these little horses. :o)



Pioneer Woman?  HA!

Believe me, the fact that she looks like a little girl and not a toddler in this picture is not lost on me.  My little girl is getting too big too fast!  But look at that face...isn't she precious?!


No comments: