Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Work in Progress Take 2

Yesterday's sedation experience left me feeling...well, nauseated.  Extremely.  So much so that I was certain I would throw up about every 30 minutes.  I was also certain that if I would just throw up, I'd feel twelve kinds of better!

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I was thinking about all the things I didn't get to do in my classroom while I slept August 10th away.  So when I finally went to bed around 1 am, I just lay there awake...thinking...for almost two hours.  After blocking out my sweet Hubs's snoring, I dozed off.  Probably 30 minutes later, I awoke with a start to a little face staring at me.  She scared the snot outta me!  I guess she had had another bad dream...I didn't even question her when she crawled up into bed with us...again.  Bad dreams--that's what's been going on here lately.  Sigh.  So when I got comfy again, I had to drown out two little snorers.  Geez.  I think it was 5 am when I finally fell asleep...only to hear "Clocky"--Jonathan's *obnoxious* alarm clock.  Didn't I say I was going to throw that thing out a window?  Dang it.  All our windows are sealed shut.

Anyway.  Hallie and I laid around most of the morning.  I wasn't feeling well, so I wasn't in any hurry to get to school to work in my classroom.  She and I met my sweet mother-in-law for lunch around noon, and then she graciously took Hallie with her to school (she's also a teacher).  She teaches 4th grade, so there isn't quite as many manipulatives for Hallie to get into in her classroom.  I was *very* thankful to her for taking Hallie, and Hallie had a ball!  I got so much accomplished in my classroom today...I'm very proud.  I still don't have anything on my bulletin boards (except for the calendar wall, and it isn't complete yet) because I'm just not sure of what I'm going to put where.  I have to put my PYP stuff somewhere, so that'll take up a lot of space. Then my helper chart--which is much bigger than I enjoy.  And since my lovely alphabet is MIA, I suppose I'll go buy a new one tomorrow.  And then I'm certain to find the missing alphabet.  Oh brother.

Look *HERE* to see what it looked like before today.  And here's what I got accomplished today:

 The calendar area...slowly coming together.  I'm thinking of doing a number of the day.  I'm not sure.  Being a third grade teacher for 9 years, I'm having a hard time switching gears.  If you have any ideas for my calendar time, let me know!!  Thanks!

The real star of my classroom. :o)  lol
This is after RahRah dropped her off from spending the afternoon at her school.
Star Student!

This will be the math station.  The bulletin boards above the windows will be my word wall...they are supposed to be replaced before school starts; that isn't looking hopeful.  I think I'll put our daily schedule with clocks on the blue bulletin board.

Reading Station--not sure what to put on the bulletin board.  The blue one will have our Essential Agreement...I think.  

The Partner Reading Station.  I added the Big Books Station to the side of this, and the little cubbies.  I'm going to put a white board, a dry erase marker, and an eraser in each cubby for every student.                                                                   

 My Listening Station.  I need to add some pillows or something.  But this is the only space (with plug access) I had for it.  I love my new Lakeshore box. :o)  The drawer system holds all the books/CDs.

And because I want to keep it real...this is hiding behind my filing cabinet and desk.  After cleaning everything out, I had ALL these baskets and surge protectors (I don't know if you can see those, but they're under there)!  Now I don't know what to do with them. :o)

Maybe you can't tell a difference...but I can.  I think it's all going to come together.  Hopefully!  I'll work tomorrow and then Monday is a work day.  Now...I'm going to head off and cut out all that laminated stuff that didn't cut itself out yesterday while I was sleeping. :o)

No comments: