Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Work in Progress Take 2

Yesterday's sedation experience left me feeling...well, nauseated.  Extremely.  So much so that I was certain I would throw up about every 30 minutes.  I was also certain that if I would just throw up, I'd feel twelve kinds of better!

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I was thinking about all the things I didn't get to do in my classroom while I slept August 10th away.  So when I finally went to bed around 1 am, I just lay there awake...thinking...for almost two hours.  After blocking out my sweet Hubs's snoring, I dozed off.  Probably 30 minutes later, I awoke with a start to a little face staring at me.  She scared the snot outta me!  I guess she had had another bad dream...I didn't even question her when she crawled up into bed with us...again.  Bad dreams--that's what's been going on here lately.  Sigh.  So when I got comfy again, I had to drown out two little snorers.  Geez.  I think it was 5 am when I finally fell asleep...only to hear "Clocky"--Jonathan's *obnoxious* alarm clock.  Didn't I say I was going to throw that thing out a window?  Dang it.  All our windows are sealed shut.

Anyway.  Hallie and I laid around most of the morning.  I wasn't feeling well, so I wasn't in any hurry to get to school to work in my classroom.  She and I met my sweet mother-in-law for lunch around noon, and then she graciously took Hallie with her to school (she's also a teacher).  She teaches 4th grade, so there isn't quite as many manipulatives for Hallie to get into in her classroom.  I was *very* thankful to her for taking Hallie, and Hallie had a ball!  I got so much accomplished in my classroom today...I'm very proud.  I still don't have anything on my bulletin boards (except for the calendar wall, and it isn't complete yet) because I'm just not sure of what I'm going to put where.  I have to put my PYP stuff somewhere, so that'll take up a lot of space. Then my helper chart--which is much bigger than I enjoy.  And since my lovely alphabet is MIA, I suppose I'll go buy a new one tomorrow.  And then I'm certain to find the missing alphabet.  Oh brother.

Look *HERE* to see what it looked like before today.  And here's what I got accomplished today:

 The calendar area...slowly coming together.  I'm thinking of doing a number of the day.  I'm not sure.  Being a third grade teacher for 9 years, I'm having a hard time switching gears.  If you have any ideas for my calendar time, let me know!!  Thanks!

The real star of my classroom. :o)  lol
This is after RahRah dropped her off from spending the afternoon at her school.
 '
Star Student!

This will be the math station.  The bulletin boards above the windows will be my word wall...they are supposed to be replaced before school starts; that isn't looking hopeful.  I think I'll put our daily schedule with clocks on the blue bulletin board.

Reading Station--not sure what to put on the bulletin board.  The blue one will have our Essential Agreement...I think.  


The Partner Reading Station.  I added the Big Books Station to the side of this, and the little cubbies.  I'm going to put a white board, a dry erase marker, and an eraser in each cubby for every student.                                                                   

 My Listening Station.  I need to add some pillows or something.  But this is the only space (with plug access) I had for it.  I love my new Lakeshore box. :o)  The drawer system holds all the books/CDs.

And because I want to keep it real...this is hiding behind my filing cabinet and desk.  After cleaning everything out, I had ALL these baskets and surge protectors (I don't know if you can see those, but they're under there)!  Now I don't know what to do with them. :o)

Maybe you can't tell a difference...but I can.  I think it's all going to come together.  Hopefully!  I'll work tomorrow and then Monday is a work day.  Now...I'm going to head off and cut out all that laminated stuff that didn't cut itself out yesterday while I was sleeping. :o)

No comments: