Thursday, February 19, 2009

And then, and then, and then

I'll try to keep this quick update short...I hope there won't be too many "and thens" along the way! First of all, a very big thank you to all of you who prayed for my cousin, Brian! God is a miracle worker for sure! Brian was able to leave the hospital a couple of days ago...banged up and bruised, but alive and well! Thank you so much for your prayers!

First of all, I just want you to know that I'm exhauted. The pile of laundry that is at my house and the huge LL Bean bag of papers that need to be graded reproduces faster than I can get it done! Sigh! I fell asleep last night at 8:30 while rocking Hallie and didn't wake up until 10:30! When I woke up, Hallie was snuggled up under my chin, holding Moe the monkey. We were both drenched in sweat. How gross! Thankfully she didn't wake up when I put her in her bed! Now...I have so much to say and so many pictures and videos to upload. Hopefully tonight! By the way, I'm sitting in my classroom. The kids are in PE. I needed to decompress when I dropped them off. So after taking a few breaths of relief for it being the end of the day, grumbling a bit b/c I have to tutor until 4:00, I suppose I should close for now and go make some copies for the kids' homework.

Let me leave with a few Hallie happies:
*She is talking up a storm! :o) Jonathan had a little conversation with her last night about playing with RahRah at the park and what kind of day she had! How fun!
*Hallie loves Curious George.
*We all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! We went to the Baylor game (and they won!!) and had dinner at IHOP. It was wonderful! Our friends Kevin and Kelly were there, so we hung out with them and then had dinner with them, too. It was a lot of fun. Hallie enjoyed the game and really enjoyed the pep band and dancers! At one point, she was in the aisle dancing. It was hilarious!
*Hallie got tickets for Sesame Street Live from Gramps and RahRah! She is going to be so excited.
*Hallie is just a sweetie...still loves chicken, still loves shoes, and has a new love for her fish, Molly.

Pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Falling asleep while trying to get Hallie to sleep sounds WAY to familiar! Whichever one of us lays down with Jaxon to get him to sleep, usually wakes up at about 11PM and then we make our way to our room. Thank heaven for the weekend!

Elease

Scroggins Family said...

oh yes, I have woken up many a night to find myself in some weird position after just "laying down for a minute" to help Emily go to sleep! And yes, we always sweat it out too-she is like a little heater!