Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ode to Pneumonia

Our week hasn't been so great. Our sweet Hallie has pneumonia. Bless her sweet bones. On Monday RahRah took Hallie to the doctor for a yucky cough. She was sent home with a cough medicine prescription "should she need it", but that it would be better to just let her cough the yucky stuff up. We could give her the cough medicine at night. OK. Monday night, Hallie decided she didn't agree with the doctor's diagnosis and spiked a fever of 102.5. Tuesday, Daddy stayed home with the Hal-ster and took her to the doctor. Some poking and proding and one x-ray later, the Dr. Popejoy gave Hallie a new diagnosis--pneumonia. Bless her heart. We have had a hard time since getting her fever to stay down. It hovers around 100-101, even with us alternating Tylenol and Motrin. I stayed home with Hallie today, and she was really lethargic most of the morning. She at least ate a little for breakfast, but as her morning Tylenol began wearing off, her energey level lowered and her fever went up. She and I laid down for a little nap (two hours long!) and she woke up with a fever of 102.6. We called the doc and she said to see how she did tonight, but if she woke up with fever to give her a call.

When Hallie's fever is around 100, her energy is quite spunky. But much above that and she's a little blob of weakness. Bless her bones. This little video was shot about an hour after she got some ibuprophen and was feeling pretty spunky. haha. I couldn't help but grab the camera and capture the moment. And about 30 minutes after this little episode of monkey-ness, she crashed again. She's pretty spunky now as I type as she has had her Tylenol. We'll see what tomorrow brings us. Please pray for our little monkey to feel better soon! Her second birthday is on Monday...she can't be sick! She has to take mini cupcakes to all her little friends at Miss Pattie's! :o)

The following video is about 5 minutes after the beginning of her singing in the shower (she gives it a new meaning, huh?)...and she was still going strong even after I got the camera out! I call her little song "Ode to Pneumonia". haha.

Ladies and Gentlemen...Hallie...

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my, how cute! That made me smile :o)

Kyetra said...

Poor little Hallie! I love the song and dance though. I hope that she is feeling much better even as I type and that on Monday she will be feeling all back to normal.

Anonymous said...

My poor sweet little Hallie! I'm sorry she has been so sick. Hope she will feel better soon. We love you little one. Hugs & kisses, Nonna and Pop

Scroggins Family said...

Bless her little heart-she is still trying to be so perky! I love that she is "singing in the shower". Hope she is back to her happy little self soon!