Friday, July 10, 2009

We Heart Cows!

It's Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A! I have had it in my mind that I would dress Hallie as a cow. Now, that doesn't mean I wanted to put her in full cow gear. No. I wanted her to be a tastefully somewhat inconspicuous cow. :o) So I made her a darling little "cow t-shirt". She watched me sew those spots on with great excitement. She helped me paint the cow spots on her headband--she even got a chance to paint a few spots herself. And her squeaky shoes (sans squeakers) had little white with black dot bows on them. She called them her "cow shoes". lol. We had a lot of fun at Chick-fil-A...except...the cow wasn't there on Cow Appreciation Day. We reasoned with Hallie that he had the day off and was home reading the cow newspaper. She was VERY sad that the cow was not there. When I say she was sad...I am NOT exaggerating. We were surprised that she had such a reaction to the cow not being there. Have I mentioned that she LOVES the CFA cow?! Well, she does. So, in order to curb Hallie's sadness, Rah-Rah offered the possibility of a train ride at Lion's Park. Well. You can't offer a possibility of riding a train...once the offer is made, it's going to happen. Or you'll never hear the end of it. So, after our supper, we made our way to the train where Hallie's attitude quickly changed from sad to giddy!

Our cutie pie cow!




Loving the train ride! Even Grandmommy (who
Hallie refers to as "Grandmom") rode the train
with us! It was definitely a family affair!

No comments: