Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day!

What a fun day! My school closed at noon, so shortly after I picked up my little princess and headed out in search of some rain boots so I could enjoy this snow with her! I have been needing rain boots for some time now...but I only think about it on the days it's raining and I'm trudging through the mud trying to get to my classroom (the parking lot is closed due to renovations and we're having to park on the street and walk through the grass to our classrooms). Anyway, I finally found a pair at Rack Room Shoes...finally! I searched "many-a place" today! Ha! Hallie kept telling me that I could borrow hers...so sweet! At one point, we headed to the mall with no luck. But we did eat a yummy lunch at Chick-fil-A and Hallie scored some of the little square gum out of the machine. After that treat, she grabbed my hand while walking through the mall and said, "Mommy, you're my BEST friend!" Ah...I will always remember and treasure that b/c I know the time will come too quickly when she'll consider me an enemy (or maybe we'll never reach that point...who knows!). :o)

Once we got home--and before putting on many layers of clothes--Hallie ran out to the front yard and threw herself down in the snow exclaiming "I'm making a SNOW ANGEL!" lol. After that little adventure, we traded out the soaking wet clothes for THREE layers of dry ones. :o) Much to my disbelief, she didn't complain one time about feeling like the Michelin man! Ha! She looked super cute...and had SO much fun playing in the snow. It has been snowing straight for almost 12 hours...and has snowed about four inches! Unbelievable!

I was very thankful for my early release...and I'm even more thankful for the late start tomorrow! Because I got out early, Hallie didn't nap...and as I type, she's snuggled up to me sound asleep. Hmm...thankfully she ate a great lunch and has had several snacks after playing in the snow (hey, playing in the snow makes for one hungry girl!); so I'm thinking I might take her to bed. I know she's exhausted. After all, it's only about an hour and a half before she's usually getting in the bed. We'll see how it goes.

OK OK...now what you're really here for...SNOW PICTURES! :o)

Hallie and her Princess Snowman (er, girl)


Hallie was making a snowball to throw at me! Ha!

Our little angel making a beautiful snow angel!


Hallie absolutely LOVES (and I mean LOVES) eating snow!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love her Princess Snowgirl.:-)
I know she enjoyed the snow. We might get a little tonight and then possibly some later in the week. Can't wait to see ya'll. Hugs & Kisses! Nonna