Sunday, May 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life--Baby Names


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

It's Show Us Your Life--Baby Names over at Kelly's Korner! I love baby names...always have. When I was younger, my friend Mandi and I used to make up some doozies! I believe one of my babies was "Chastinee Desiree". LOL. The more obnoxious spelling, the better! Thankfully, we both outgrew that! :o)

Hallie Shea

This little girl has been such a blessing to me! Before we learned she was a girl, we were certain we were having a boy (lots of boys on my husband's side of the family)...so we figured she'd be Jackson Paul. We were thrilled to find out we were having a little girl!

For as long as I can remember, I have loved the name "Hallie". I preferred the spelling "Hally", but the Hubs put his foot down. Ha! Actually, for a while we were going to name her Lindley because we just couldn't agree on the spelling and it was becoming quite stressful. We were going to name her Lindley Gayle (Gayle is my mom's middle name). But I finally agreed on the "ie" spelling. lol.

Hallie's name honors my maternal grandmother. Her name was Hattie. I have always loved that name...just cute. And my Nana was one incredible lady! But my mother didn't really want that name for for a grand-daughter for many reasons ...even though I knew I'd be honoring my mom, I knew it would just daily remind her of her own mother. So many years ago (before I was even married), I decided that I would simply uncross the t's in Hattie...and voila--Hallie! We were undecided about a middle name. I always loved Hallie Ruth (my grandmother's sister's name), but the Hubs wasn't crazy about that name. So we went with my middle name, Shea. I've always loved my middle name and thought it was neat to pass it on. Hallie's name fits her perfectly! :o)

Other names I love:
1. Audrey Claire (Hubs doesn't like Claire)
2. Lindley Elizabeth
3. Anna Hollis (Hubs probably doesn't like that--ha!)
4. Mollie Elizabeth

Boy Names:
1. Andrew Paul
2. Carter David

I just don't have that many boy names! LOL!



No comments: