Monday, November 15, 2010

Things to Remember...

While we sat in the waiting room at ballet/tap class, some other moms and I were discussing our little angels.  Somehow we got on a kick of their sayings and how we never want to correct them and never want to forget them.  I realized that I don't write down the silly things Hallie says enough, so I'm going to take a moment to do that. :o)

Right now, Hallie leaves the negative out of the phrase.  It is one of my favorite things.  Some examples:
"I'm going to school tomorrow, am I mommy."
"Charley ran fast, did he?!"
"That is so cute, is it!"

We love it and know that it'll correct itself, so we're not correcting it.  It's just too darn cute! :o)

Hallie drew a picture the other day of a butterfly coming out of a chrysalis.  It was quite good.  When I asked her if she drew it all by herself (because I hadn't seen her), she said, "Yes!  I was imaginationing!" :o)

On the way to Chick-fil-A from ballet, I was talking to Rah-Rah on the phone.  She asked how Hallie's day was and I replied, "Y-E-L-L-O-W."  I didn't want Hallie to know I was talking about her, so I was trying to be discreet.  The next thing I know, Hallie's singing, "Y-E-L-L-O-W spells yellow...yellow bus, banana, too, all those things are yellow."  I burst into laughter.  She is such a mess!

Hallie is the line leader this week at school.  Evidently, during PE, Hallie got into a little trouble and had to make a color change in the classroom--green to yellow.  We were discussing this over supper.  She was telling us what happened and then out of nowhere she said, "But I got my job back!"  LOL!  We cracked up. I guess when she made the color change, that also meant she lost her job.  Somehow she didn't remain "unemployed" for too long! :o)

Hallie is such a talker (hmm...wonder where she gets that from?).  It is so fun to hear her vocabulary expand daily by leaps and bounds!  We think she's a pretty smart cookie!

So...what are your favorite phrases your little one says/has said? :o)

No comments: