Monday, August 27, 2012

Kindergarten, Here I Come!

Well, the 2012-2013 school year is off to a great start!  I had the pleasure of actually enjoying being a mommy today and *walking* my big kindergartner to her classroom.  All thanks to sweet Harper Shea!  When we first found out we were pregnant, realizing we would have an August due date was not ideal for a teacher.  But as the days and months passed, I quickly realized that God has everything under control...and that Harper's due date was actually a huge blessing!  Because of her arrival date, I am not beginning the school year.  I won't return until October.  And because of that, I got to play the mommy role this morning rather than standing at my classroom door, greeting my new first graders.  And while I know I'm missing out on getting to know my first graders, I wouldn't trade it for the world!  

Hallie was excited all weekend...she wanted to make sure that I had her clothes ready for her.  Ha!  Last night, she picked out what she wanted to wear, and we put it out.  She woke up quickly and easily this morning, ready for what her day would hold!  She was extremely excited about starting kindergarten!

Getting ready to head to school!

Kindergarten!

Hallie and her super sweet teacher, Mrs. Smajstrla (Smy-stra-la). :o)

Getting her name tag with a little help from Miss Barbaro--a Baylor intern who'll spend the year learning about first grade!



Getting ready to decorate her t-shirt. :o)



And this is who I spent the rest of my day with.  I will so enjoy the next few weeks with her! :o)

No comments: