Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day...I cannot express how thankful I am for the opportunity to be called "Mommy".  It is not a job for the faint of heart.  It is the most wonderful, most frustrating, most exhausting, most joyful, most surreal, most incredibly fascinating experience.  To be given the responsibility of raising two of God's precious children is so great that it is oftentimes overwhelming.  While I believe myself to be a good mommy, I am certainly not a perfect mommy.  I often doubt my parenting skills.  I need many doses of grace throughout the day...and MANY doses of patience.  Sometimes I lose my patience.  Sometimes I'm not understanding.  Sometimes I push a little too hard.  But...but, I know that I am humble enough to apologize when I need to.  And I'm not afraid to say that mommy was wrong about something.  I know that I love my daughters more than anyone else walking on this earth.  And I know that I have their best interests at heart...always.  I don't need to be the perfect mommy.  I simply need to be the best mommy for my children.  And according to my 6 year old, I already am. :o)

Hallie sang for both services at church...such sweet little voices. 

Mommy & her sweet girls
 

Hallie wanted to take Harper's and my picture together on my first Mother's Day with Harper.

RahRah & the littles


 While I'm thankful to spend the holiday with family, I sure do wish I could have spent Mother's Day with my own momma!  It has been far too many years since I've gotten to spend this special day with her. 

No comments: