Monday, January 27, 2014

27 days in

We are 27 days into 2014 and I would already like a do-over. Seriously. Here are a few reasons why...
*Stress. I've got it. Some people eat when they're stressed. Some people don't eat. Some sleep. Some clean. Well, I do none of those. I get ulcers ALL in my mouth. Lucky me, huh? *ouch*
*School. I've got some seriously stressful issues going on at school. And that's all I will say about that. 
*Hallie came home from a sleep over (where she slept covered in a down comforter) breathing approximately 60 breaths a minute. Nostrils flaired. Wheezing. Cheeks red. Sweaty. Lethargic. Abdomen rising greatly with each breath. We freaked out. Got her into the doc. She had an asthma attack, it seems. We still aren't sure. She had a nebulizer treatment at the office. We came home with oral steroids and an inhaler to be given every 3-4 hours. We will go back to the doc in a few weeks to
Actually do breathing tests for to check for asthma. 
*Harper spiked a 102.5 temp. Lethargic. Whiney. Wouldn't eat or drink. Double ear infection. 10 day strong antibiotic. Augmentin. Boo. This has lead to many a blowout. Thankfully, they aren't stinky. Just extremely messy. 
*Hallie has developed a weirdness about eating in public places. What's weird, you ask? Oh...how about she eats just fine. Enjoys the company and them vomits her meal in its entirety at the end. I'm serious. Dead serious. Except it only happens at nicer restaurants. Nice, huh? It happened twice in Alabama over Christmas (so technically that wasn't 2014...well, once was). And it has happened twice since we have been back in Texas. This past Saturday night, I wasn't the one she told that her tummy felt funny. Needless to say, the salad bowl at Olive Garden will never be the same. Nor will the four pretty cloth napkins. I'm praying all those went into the garbage. At some point, Hallie's vomiting erupted like a volcano all over my sweater, jeans, boots, and hair. I wish I was exaggerating. Crime scene tape could've been put up at our booth. I have NO idea how the people around us didn't notice because I was laughing almost hysterically. I guess we are just that good at covering our tracks. Hallie felt terrible. And the waitress was so sweet by saying "Don't worry about it--we all have either worked at a daycare or have our own kids. It's not a big deal." I hope Jonathan left an extra tip. I'm sure they would like to leave us one--don't bring your kids out in public! 
*Yesterday at McAlister's (ha--yes, we braved another restaurant), Jonathan said Hal should get water instead of a sweet drink to maybe help with the "funny tummy feeling". As soon as he acted like he had the vomiting issues figured out, Harper threw up ALL over him. I cannot make this stuff up. He proceeds to take Harper outside (not before she left a nice trail of vomit) where she continued to vomit over and over. Hallie followed them out and then came in to get her water looking rather green-faced. I told her to breathe and to go back outside (should she start vomiting again). I had to ask for a caution sign so no one would break their neck on my daughter's vomit before I could get it cleaned up. Sigh. Amazingly, we finished our lunch and made it home without anymore mishaps. 
*Our house is a complete disaster...no matter how many times someone cleans it or straightens it. 
*Laundry and dishes seem to multiply by the nanosecond. Sadly, Harper's pack-n-play is being used right now as a giant laundry basket (hey, I'm keeping it real and can hopefully help you feel better about your own house). One day this week, those clothes will get folded...right after I do a rinse on the clothes that are in the washing machine (again).  Oh, and after the pajamas, sheets and mattress pad from Harper's bed get washed...since she threw up all over herself again last night. Bless her! Jonathan called today to get a different antibiotic. So hopefully that'll help. 

I'm not sure what is going on, exactly. But I feel completely out of sorts. I really think it has a lot to do with some changes happening at school. Whatever it is, I hope my brain can kick it into gear soon because I just can't go on "like this" (of course I can...I would just rather have a little more energy in doing so). 

So...5 days left in January. Let's hope February gets off to a better start to turn my opinion of 2014 around! Because frankly, 2014 can skip on by if this is how he's gonna be! :o)

And now, a few pictures to make this (whiny) post a little less pathetic!

Happy Times in 2014:

Celebrating Jonathan's birthday!


Moments where sisters are being sweet

This cute girl and me!

Bathtime fun!

Painting

This girl and her cute pajamas!

Saturday mornings with my loves...

"Well, I need to sharpen some pencils today." (She brings them home on Friday to sharpen over the weekend!)

Playing outside with this cutie while her daddy and sister watch Frozen. 

Winter weather in Texas (give it a couple of days)!

Harper would not sleep Saturday night...so I put it on Pandora. She grabbed my phone and and minutes later, she laid down. Then a commercial came on, along with a picture. She sat straight up, "Puppa!!! Puppa!!! Puppa!!!"
She was so excited! Notice the time says 4:05 AM!! Maybe I should invest in commercial free Pandora!

And remember how it was winter weather on Friday? Well, yesterday it was 70. 

Looking at all the pictures, I suppose that even with the stresses 2014 has had in it's meer 27 says, there have been a whole lot of happies. We are blessed. Even at 4:05 AM...by the excitement of seeing a "puppa". 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sweet friend!

Becky said...

Oh, dear friend! You need a night out! That sounds like a rough month. Hope things have improved!!

Kendra said...

Thanks, Misti!! I sure do miss you!