Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Hobby

On occasion, I enjoy finding a new hobby. I really enjoy sewing, but with my sewing machine in my garage in San Antonio, sewing has been out of the question. So as I was browsing for baby gifts online, I saw the most adorable hand-embroidered little onesies and shirts and thought "I can do that". So, I asked my mother-in-law if she knew how to hand-embroider and she does; so she gave me a little lesson. This was my first attempt at it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! It is extremely relaxing. One of my very best friends is having a little boy very soon, so I wanted to give her something extra special. And those of you who have recently had a baby or are about to have a baby, you can look for one of these in the mail (but wont' say "Grayson", I promise! HA!).


5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm impressed. How long did that take? I've got to learn how to use a sewing machine first!

Kendra said...

This is way easier than sewing, although I love sewing, too! I'm not all that great at it, but I try!

This was my first attempt and it probably took me an hour and a half. The most time was spent on the little dots under his name, though! haha. :o) Hopefully I'll get better and faster with practice. I like this b/c I can sit anywhere and do it--I don't have to be tied to a sewing machine. :o)

And btw, I loved your little stitch grid! That's a great idea!! You did a great job on it!

Kristen said...

So CUTE! You come up with the cutest ideas. I can't wait to make Eliana an "E" shirt like Hallie's "H" shirt :o)

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love it! When does Ethan get his? :o) His name is short...ha, ha. You are so creative! I have one onesie with Ethan's name on it and I put it on him all the time.
Macinda

Terri said...

that's awesome, Kendra! I love it!