Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daddy's Back!!!

Boy, oh boy...we are SO glad to have Daddy back! Jonathan left Tuesday morning for a business trip to Corpus Christi. Unfortunately, Hallie and I were unable to go with him. It's not quite feasible this close to the TAKS test. We would have LOVED to have gone, though! It was an extremely long week without Daddy at home. Hallie was an absolute sweetheart. But I was a mess! Ha! I was sick and sick of school to boot! I don't think Jonathan could have chosen a worse week to be out of town (not that he chose to be out of town). It was the last week of the grading period, so I had papers to grade and grades to enter online. When you have a three year old, that's just not going to happen unless you're capable of staying up past her bedtime (which this past week was a negative for me! Ha!). Speaking of Hallie's bedtime, those papers that so badly needed to be graded were neglected b/c I adopted Hallie's bedtime as my own last week while Daddy was out of town! :o) On top of those papers that were multiplying by the minute, I had a disgusting cold...allergies, I suppose. I couldn't breathe, my throat was sore, I was coughing like a maniac, and I had little to no voice throughout the day. Needless to say, I'm glad last week is in the past!

Hallie and I are extremely glad to have him home safely! He, of course, came bearing surprises--Hallie got a new Tinkerbell doll and some new "chap chap". I got a little Vera Bradley keychain wallet (so cute!) and some "As Seen on TV" Perfect Fit Buttons. Don't laugh, you know you want some too on those days you feel all big and fat! Ha! :o) I love them...haven't really gotten to try them yet, but I'm excited about getting to. Well, I don't guess "excited" is the best word b/c I don't really WANT to feel fat, but that morning I wake up feeling fat, I'll be glad that he got those buttons for me. LOL.

We're thankful Daddy doesn't have to go out of town very often! We miss him terribly when he's gone!


Sweet bouquet of flowers Jonathan gave me for the awful week I was having! :o)

We're SO glad Daddy is home! Jonathan and I were snapping a picture together and Hallie ran up and got right in between us--it was the sweetest thing and turned out to be one of the cutest pictures of the three of us!

Sweet loves!!

No comments: